Use this calculator to estimate the amount of sod you will need for your project. Enter the length and width of the area you want to cover in feet, meters, or yards. Also, enter the wastage factor to account for cutting and shaping. Finally, enter the cost per square foot of the sod. Click "Calculate" to see your results.
How to Measure Your Yard
1. Start by sketching out the layout of your yard on a piece of paper. Include any buildings, paths, or other areas that won't need sod.
2. Break down your yard into simple shapes like rectangles, triangles, and circles. Measure each of these areas separately.
3. For rectangles and squares, measure the length and width and multiply them together to get the area.
4. For triangles, measure the base and the height (the length perpendicular to the base), multiply them together, and then divide by 2.
5. For circles, measure the radius (half the diameter), square it, and then multiply by 3.14.
6. Add up the areas of all the different shapes to get the total area of your yard.